Thursday 9 April 2015

Keeping focused

By Jasper Burger

It is true that some days are a bit more challenging than others for Workaway International recruits, but to serve the best, you have to be the best at all times!

Performing at 100% capacity is a tall order, and sometimes a lot to ask when you are working 60 to 70 hours a week, but it is do-able. Personally, it starts with a very strong cup of coffee every morning before heading to Gold’s Gym in Jupiter Hills. I simply cannot start my day without a good cup of coffee!  The gym is where I work out all my frustrations and the focus shapes my body and mind.



Being motivated and ‘pumped up’ is a great way to start the day.  I enjoy showing up for work when I feel energized as there are numerous events to set up for which require hard work and focus. Events like guest tournaments, 40 year anniversaries or private parties are all included in a day in the life of a Workaway International recruit abroad.



To ensure a place like Jupiter Hills looks amazing, you need to be sharp, look after yourself and always keep your eye on the prize.  The venues and other preparations for these events need to be set up to perfection at all times because they are filled with members that need your undivided attention!


No comments:

Post a Comment