Monday 30 April 2012

South Beach.....and Farewells!

I am no stranger to South Beach, Miami. It’s one of those places that you’ve got to go to when here in Florida. Over the many seasons that I have been here, I have made every effort to at least go once a season.
 
South Beach is where the world comes to party and the party never stops.

I was off for a Tuesday, in fact the Tuesday after the Winter Music Conference (WMC), which is where all the worlds top dj’s come and perform for a 3-day event. I haven’t been to the WMC, but have only heard amazing things about it from those that have been.

So back to Tuesday… My housemate, Sam and I headed down to SoBe (South Beach) for the day. We started off with breakfast at the Bal Harbour Shops, which is just outside of SoBe. I would only shop there if I were a billionaire as it is just one after another the top designer brands in the world including a De Beers Jewelry store.

After sightseeing we headed down to SoBe and the famous Lincoln Road of shops. The weather had turned very hot, so we had to shed out long pants for shorts. A little bit of retail therapy, well actually a lot, we were on our way again.

The streets we packed with tourists and leftovers from the WMC. We ended up at The Clevelander Hotel, a famous hotel/bar on the strip for a few cocktails which was still in full swing of the after after parties of the WMC. The vibe was great and so was the music. Spent the rest of the afternoon people watching and sipping down margaritas. I LOVE spending time there. It reminds me that I am in a foreign country.

The last few days of work have been very busy with Easter, Hanukah and some really amazing over-the-top private events. The sad part is that the season is drawing to an end and a few of our teammates including two of my housemates have already departed. Michelle has returned to South Africa to resume her duties at the Workaway Office in Cape Town, where I’ll be joining her in 2 weeks and Sam, who left on Friday evening for NYC.

I look forward to returning home and starting another recruitment season with Workaway International and seeing all the new applicants that are eager to have the opportunity of a lifetime. If you are wondering whether you should do this program, just attend one of our presentations and that is the first step to what could be a VERY exciting new adventure and part of your life.
 
Author: Andre Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment