Sunday 29 August 2021

 

Go out there and take a leap - you never know what lies ahead – Shaun Liebenberg

To quote H. Jackson Brown Jr, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do”.

 

This was and will continue to be the motto that I carry with me. It is for this reason I greatly appreciate the opportunities provided by Workaway International as well as Boca West Country Club.

From getting on the first flight to the US, I had no idea how my life would suddenly change.

After a very fun and informative orientation provided by our employer we were ready to get to work. My employment was at our prestigious MyPi Restaurant at Boca West Country Club in Boca Raton, Florida.

 


Here, I was at the perfect place to sharpen my knowledge of what great service, attention to detail and member service was all about.

One of the biggest blessings was without a doubt the amount of new friendships that turned into family that was formed during my time abroad. From staying with housemates, to getting to know each of your colleagues and management team. I was undeniably surrounded with a great support system.

 



As if all these benefits weren’t enough, Boca West Country Club spoils the staff with a trip to Universal Studios. I mean, come on?

I will always be the biggest advocate for the Workaway program. Not only has it changed the way I view the world, but you’ll hear the exact same thing from every person that is, and has been on the program.

 


Due to COVID-19, my time was cut short, however I am excited to get back to the US to continue making memories. To conclude, nothing great ever comes from staying in your comfort zone. So go out there, take a leap - you never know what lies ahead…




No comments:

Post a Comment