Wednesday 18 August 2021

My Workaway International Experience

By Claire Sewell

Where even do I begin! From take-off in South Africa to landing in Florida for the first time, I had no idea how much my life was about to change!

I remember landing at the airport and being so nervous about meeting everyone, getting everything done at the apartment and heading off to start work in a completely new environment. I got to the apartment complex and everyone was so friendly, it felt like I had known all these brand new people for years! Having started work, I remember sitting in training thinking to myself "what was I so nervous about?”. It was genuinely one of the easiest life transitions I have ever experienced! 

Through Workaway International's program, not only was I able to grow in the service industry but also make memories that will last a lifetime. I have had the most amazing experiences and made friends for life. 

I have had the opportunity in my 3 seasons that I worked in the USA of traveling and exploring and meeting the most incredible people! From the most beautiful sunsets in Southampton and New York to traveling through many states, experiencing so many different cultures and cuisines and working for some of the most prestigious country clubs. 


It didn't matter which club I worked at, every manager, every housing manager, and every colleague was so helpful and everywhere felt like home. Workaway was continuously sending emails to check in on us and how we were doing at our new clubs.

I can't help but try and send every person I possibly can, in Workaway International's direction. It is an opportunity of a lifetime and I'm so excited to go back and make even more memories!



No comments:

Post a Comment