Sunday 9 January 2022

Living The American Dream – Sasskia Naidoo

My time on the Workaway International Program has been an amazing experience, to say the least. I have done three seasons so far and I am going back for my fourth and hopefully many more.

I have made lifelong friends, met the love of my life, seen so many beautiful and breath taking places like Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico, the famous Route 66, the Grand Canyon in Arizona, Las Vegas in Nevada and Ripley’s Believe It or Not in Panama City, Florida.



I’ve seen the white sands and the blue sea of Miami. I’ve picked up beautiful shells up along the coast of Ft. Lauderdale. I camped for my very first time on Peanut Island and tried out paddle boarding in the Boynton Inlet (I fell off a couple of times ha-ha).  I took a boat tour along the harbour of Palm Beach with my new away- from- home-family.

I’ve seen beautiful sunsets and hand fed carrots to the wild horses grazing outside my porch.

Being on Workaway is so much more than just getting a job overseas, it gives you the opportunity to be independent, to travel and to learn more about the hospitality industry. I’m glad I took the leap of faith and gave Workaway International a try.




No comments:

Post a Comment