Thursday 4 June 2020

3 Seasons in the USA

By Crisanne Janse Van Rensburg

A year and a half ago I started my experience with Workaway International and Jupiter Hills Country Club. I have been lucky enough to have done some international travelling before, so the flight was easy and smooth sailing for me. Arriving at the furnished apartments and meeting my roommates and fellow Workaway International candidates made it even more exciting. Jupiter Hills was the best country club to start my experience. It’s just an amazing club with awesome managers and members.

After my first season, I went up north to Glen Oaks Country Club in Long Island. This was once again a great club to continue my experience at. Through all the business they plan fun activities for the employees, such as Survivor and The Amazing Race, which my roomie Tara and I were lucky enough to win in 2019.


As the next winter season started to approach, I was invited to return to Jupiter Hills for another season with more responsibility. Hard work, dedication, determination, and motivation paid off. When COVID-19 hit, we were lucky enough that our club kept us for the full season. Most of our members live on the property so the club kept us on to continue working take-outs. This was truly a blessing during this hectic time, and I am forever thankful to Jupiter Hills Club and our incredible management.

It’s hard work and long hours but worth the experience.

Workaway International is a once in a lifetime opportunity and they truly go out of their way to make sure their family is safe and happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment