Wednesday 27 November 2019

Let the Journey Begin

Dylan Mavakla

Please tell me that you’ve also been late for a flight? I’ve always heard stories of people running for flights and their names being called over the intercom. Then it went and happened to me. Before flying it’s been a ritual to have a meal on the airport with family and friends and of cause I was not going to miss that. But before you know it the time to board the plane had come and who was running to the boarding gate hearing his flight number, passenger number and name called to board his plane, yes me. Believe it or not I was the very last passenger to get onto the plane. Walking to my seat as all eyes watched me.



Then my journey began. A two hour flight from Cape Town International to O.R. Tambo International where I had an eleven hour layover, yes you read correctly. But fortunately I met two other WorkAwayers and they turned out to be my work colleges. So, we had eleven hours to get to know each other which was pretty amazing.




Next leg was a fifteen hour long flight from O.R. Tambo International to JF freaking K! Where I also met some more fellow WorkAwayers. My layover at JFK was also about eleven hours but fortunately a friend came to get me and took me to Times Square which was definitely a highlight.




The final leg was a three hour flight from JFK to Ft Lauderdale International. Where I was greeted with such a WARM and overwhelming welcoming!!!

Instagram handle: @dylan_mavakla

No comments:

Post a Comment