Wednesday 26 June 2019

The Beauty That Is Hunters Run Country Club

By Nasiphi Sobahle

My last few blogs started with “Greetings from the sunny side of Florida” but I am back home in the motherland now, so: Greetings from the beautiful and cold Cape Town! 


As most of you know, Workaway International is currently recruiting for the upcoming winter programme in Florida, USA. I thought potential candidates might enjoy some insight into one of the country clubs, since there is so many to choose from.  


I have worked at Hunters Run Country Club since 2012 and will be going back in October for my 8th season.


Like many of you, I applied for a server position. I was lucky, as being a server ensured that I got to meet many amazing country club members. My top tip to potential candidates? Serve them with confidence, enthusiasm, charisma and, most importantly, a friendly yet professional manner, and they will become so fond of you.


In the past few years I have witnessed the club undergo major renovations and today, the members of Hunters Run call it “paradise”. It sure looks like it!

I have established truly beautiful relationships at Hunters Run and every season I gain more knowledge of the hospitality industry. The list of reasons why I love the Hunters Run Country Club are endless: the beauty of the Club, the members, my colleagues, discovering Florida... I truly hope some of the potential candidates get to experience the joys I have at this amazing country club.


No comments:

Post a Comment