Thursday 19 July 2018

Adventure is Worthwhile

By Christiaan Haasbroek

I got great news this past month: I will be going back to Florida for another season!


It has been the journey of a lifetime these past 3 months. I have been home and working as the Johannesburg representative for Workaway international South Africa.



I have met so many new people and they all share the same dream: to gain international experience, to travel and explore the world. Once you have traveled and experienced different parts of the world you realize what a small space you occupy.



I truly cannot wait to experience this amazing journey with all the new recruits. Going back, after working for Workaway as a recruiter, will be a different experience on its own, but definitely one I am looking forward to.

There is a quote by Ibn Battuta: " Traveling - it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a
Storyteller."


I have never really understood the magnitude of this quote until recently… One Sunday in July, we were celebrating my father’s birthday with family and friends, I was talking to so many family members about my journeys and experiences that took place over the last 5 years, and that was when I realized that my traveling has truly turned me into a storyteller.

Like Tim Cahill said, "A Journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles."


No comments:

Post a Comment