Tuesday 19 September 2017

America - We are coming for you!

By Mario de Carvalho

Hellen Keller once said; "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing". This is one of the many reasons why I decided to take on this once in a lifetime journey to the USA. I became acquainted with Workaway International through a friend who was on the program previously. I knew that a program as profound as Workaway International would be the perfect choice for me.


Workaway International has been exceptional, assisting me individually with whatever I needed. I received a call informing me that my application was successful and that I will be employed at the Boca West Country Club as a banquet server. I was overwhelmed with excitement. This is it. I am well on my way to the USA!


Since the orientation day in Johannesburg, the process has been expeditious. With the thought of leaving our home country, it is completely common to experience an array of emotions. From fear of homesickness and the unknown to excitement for what is to come. One thing is for sure - I am truly thankful and blessed to have been granted this opportunity. 

I want to thank each and every staff member of the Workaway International team. Not only for the opportunity but for their patience, helpfulness and guidance throughout the application process. They have made every successful participants dream come true! Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment