Thursday 2 May 2013

The end of the season...

By Andre Smith

The 1st of May brings a new start for me as I finally found a great apartment and will make the move from my very comfortable Workaway apartment into my own space. The apartment is in a great location, so getting very excited in building my new home here in the US.

At work we’ve started the slowdown with the seasonal members starting to make their way to their summer homes up north. We’ve still been busy though with events which included the End of Season party for the members. The theme was Wizard of Oz.


We transformed the entire clubhouse with décor and characters that took our members on a magical trip. I’ve attached some pics, which includes the look for the Main Dinning Room, which was setup as the Emerald City. Some of the staff dressed up in character to add to the ambiance of the evening.


It took a lot of work to get the setup done and breakdown went on into the wee hours of the next morning. The staff was exhausted, but in good spirits the next day knowing we pulled off such an awesome event.

This coming weekend we are hosting The Sport Legends dinner, which is a fundraiser event for charity. Everyone looks forward to working this, as there will be many big players and celebrities from the sports and broadcasting world in attendance. I will post some pics in my next blog.

As the season winds down for the members, it also winds down for the staff. In the next couple of weeks all the Workaway participants will make their way home or off to a new adventure at a country club up north. It’s going to be sad to say goodbye to everyone that I’ve come so close to the past season, but know that some will be back again in just a few months.

It would’ve been about this time for me to return to South Africa too to resume the recruitment season and get to meet and recruit all the new applicants for the upcoming season. I know the season will go well and I look forward in meeting all the new participants to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment